2010/03/05

My First Bass Fishing On Lake Biwa 2010 !

Last week, I went to Lake Biwa in an interview in the Japanese fishing magazine "Rod & Reel".
This was my first bass fishing this year.

I had two fishing days, the first day, I couldn't fish anything.
On the second day, it rained.

Rainy days, face guards and
wrist band of "in7et" are essential!
I met Mr. Matsushita of M-BLOW who is Deps's staff.

He is a guide on Lake Biwa and popular Pro Angler in Japan.

I also met Mr.Okumura who is the President of Deps.

He also received an interview. So there are many person on his boat. lol
Though he always get a big bass in interviews, that day, he seemed to have struggled.

I targeted the giant bass using Swim bait or jig mainly in two days.
Even though Lake Biwa has the giant bass, it is very difficult to catch them.

After all, the afternoon of Day 2, I caught just only one bass about 5lb.
I could catch it with jig-swimming, setting the "one-up-shad" as the trailer.

The next day I went fishing, Mr. Yamashita, one of my friend caught a big bass!
This bass was about 65cm, 11lb!

Hit lure was Dethadderhog (5 inches) of Deps.

Next week, I'll go to Lake Biwa again!